GNA Statement Update 18 May 2020
To all members,
I am aware Friday NSW Public Health eased the Government restrictions on the (COVID-19 gathering and movement) 2020 order #2 to allow for gatherings of up to 10 people. This will enable netball training to re-commence, however still without body contact drills only. Importantly the restrictions applied to netball allows for a MAXIMUM of 10 on a court at any one time. This includes Players, Coaches, Parents, Spectators, Umpires etc. The 10 person per court limit CANNOT BE EXCEEDED at any time.
Finally, late Friday Netball NSW released comprehensive documents and infographics regarding the return to netball. This also included documents from Netball Australia with regards to the risk assessment involved for all Associations, Clubs, Members and Venue’s. NSW & Gosford Netball Association currently sit at Level B-Stage 1 on the Venue Guidelines issued by Netball Australia.
The Gosford Netball Association Executive have been in constant contact and will be holding a special Executive meeting this Wednesday night to discuss the framework “return to training” and what this will look like for our Gosford Netball Members. Training nights and our netball season will be quite different to what we have known in the past. Training is not permitted to resume until further notice however we are looking at Adcock Park being available for netball training from Monday 25th May 2020 and will confirm this after consultation with Central Coast Council and club executives. Training information with then be shared via your registered club.
We have not yet announced a start date for a 2020 competition unlike other sporting codes. As we hold all games at 1 venue and require permission to have gathering of 600 plus just to cover the players, coaches and umpires required during each time slot. This is without any parents or guests attending the games. We also have the added struggles of a new clubhouse being constructed and parking restrictions. We are working closely with Netball NSW and Central Coast Council are continuing to follow their guidelines and framework but also have the “2020 competition” on the agenda Wednesday night for discussion.
Thank you for your patience and I would sincerely like to thank you for your understanding. As always, our number 1 priority is the health and safety of all our GNA Members and their Families.
President, Gosford Netball Association
Status Update from Netball NSW
GNA Statement COVID-19
16 March 2020
Information release to Clubs and Association members re COVID-19 containment and compliance measures
We have been waiting on an updated directive from Netball NSW today but as at 4pm we have not received any updates. Gosford Netball Association will be postponing the first two weeks of 2020 Winter Competition. This is also based upon the rulings of the Federal and State Governments to ban all non-essential gatherings of over 500 people.
Given the significant concerns around the spread of COVID-19, we simply cannot allow such large gatherings of members and families as we see each Saturday during each time slot at netball. With 27 courts and approximately 10 members per team would have us seeing around 540 players, umpires, coaches & managers on the courts each time slot without including family members and the crossover of games as players come and go.
- This decision will be reviewed on 20 April 2020, with an announcement made by 5:00pm that day.
- If ONLY two weeks of play are missed, they will be made up at a later time during the season, at a time and day to be decided by Council, upon commencement of the Competition at the next 2020 Council meeting.
- The GNA Council meeting scheduled for this Wednesday night 18th March 2020 will be POSTPONED and RESCHEDULED to be held Wednesday 29 April 2020 at 7:00pm for 7.15pm start unless further advice is issued regarding the corona virus. This is the Wednesday prior to the first NEW SCHEDULED week of play which will be Saturday 2nd May 2020, unless there is further extension to the delayed start of the Competition.
- If a longer timeframe is needed to start our 2020 competition ensuring the health and safety of our members, as well as to comply with NNSW and Government directives, we may just play one full round for 8 team grades and 1 or 2 rounds for 6 team grades. In order to achieve this the earliest this would need to commence is 23 May 2020.
- The latest we could start the season without playing double up games or timetabling some games for Sundays is Week 8, 13 June 2020.
- These timings are very important if we are to continue to run the competition according to GNA Competition Policy.
- Representative teams will be receiving further information from GNA in a separate email once updated information comes to hand from NSW netball.
- If play is delayed by more than 2 rounds and additional rounds are unable to be played the GNA executive will investigate refunding a pro-rata portion of the GNA fees levy paid back to clubs for them to refund the members. GNA is not able to refund the NNSW portion of fees paid but will pass on all information from NNSW regarding this as it is received by us and will support Club’s applications to NNSW to have these fees refunded. Netball Australia has made a statement that members should not be disadvantaged financially from the COVID-19 virus. A decision on the reimbursement of fees will not be made until when the June executive meeting is held on Monday 1 June 2020 where the reimbursement of fees will be placed on the agenda for discussion.
- Finally, before contacting the GNA executive, please contact your club secretary. Follow your club’s Facebook page, the GNA website or GNA social media pages including Facebook and Instagram for any further updates. We will update Club Secretaries and Presidents as information comes to hand.
This decision has had to be made and we emphasise it’s in the interest of public safety after more cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in NSW. We sincerely appreciate your support and understanding during this very challenging time.
Gosford Netball Association
(on behalf on the GNA executive)
Gosford Defence Academy 2020
2020 17years Representative Team announced
Congratulations on the following players who will represent Gosford Netball Association 17 years Representative Team at the 2020 Senior State Titles at Liverpool on the 6th, 7th and 8th June, 2020. Good luck girls.
Tahnee Ball, Holly Birchall, Jorgi Bradford, Eloise Cliff, Tayla Keating, Charlize Lloyd-Phillips, Charlee Proctor, Beth Stewart, Emma Sutton, Brooke Webber, Ellie Williams
2020 11 years Development Squad Final Phase Open until 17th March, 2020 at 5pm
Applications have re-opened for the final phase of the 2020 11 years Development Squad. Current squad members do not need to apply. This is an opportunity for all players turning 11 years of age in 2020. Please click on the link below to apply. Applications will close at 5pm on Tuesday 17th March, 2020 and you will need to be available for Selections on Thursday 19th March, 2020 at 5.30pm at Adcock Park.
Gosford Shooting Academy 2020
2020 11s Development Assistant Coach, 17s Manager and 17s Rep Players Wanted
Applications are Open for 2020 17s Rep Team are looking for Circle Attack players. Previous applicants eligible to apply. Please click on the link below. Applications close Thursday 13th February, 2020 at 5pm.
Applications are Open for 2020 11s Development Assisant Coach and 17s Manager. Please click on the link below. Applications close Thursday 13th February ,2020 at 5pm.
Looking for Players to join Clubs at Gosford Netball
Competition starts on Saturday 28th March, 2020. Registrations will close soon.
2020 15s Rep Team looking for players
Applications are open for a Circle Defence and Centre Court/Shooter for the 2020 15 years Rep Team. Please click on the link below to apply. Previous applicants are eligible to apply. Closes Thursday 13th February,2020 at 5pm.